An intensive day of lively and highly-focused workshops, covering the who-what-where-when-why-how of telling the world about your business. We start by mapping out where you are now and where you want to be, then look at the most effective and meaningful ways to get you there. You will end the day with a Communications Strategy rooted in the reality of your business and a clear sense of how to achieve it.
The day is split into 2 units – Facing In and Facing Out:
The morning sessions look at where you are now and where you want to be. We will:
- Plot out your mission statement (where you are now) and your vision (where you want to be)
- Conduct an audit of your business so far, to ensure your goals are rooted in reality
- Come up with a series of easily-measured deliverables for your marketing
- Identify your key customers/clients in our ‘Who’s Your Bob’ persona workshop
- Pin down the messages, themes and ideas that will have the greatest impact for your business
- Map out where your people are, what they need and how to reach them
Now you’re ready to tell the world about your business, but which of the infinite number of marketing channels will be the most meaningful and effective for you? We look at the pros and cons of a variety of both online and offline activities, from microblogging and dynamic newsletters to events and community-building. Discover how to make the most of your existing relationships in the connected economy, alongside making new connections. Decide which marketing actions to prioritise for your business and how to build them into your strategy with clear timelines and regular measurement.
You will leave this class with:
- A clear sense of where you are, where you want to be and how to get there
- A marketing strategy rooted in the reality of your business
- A nuanced understanding of your ‘people’, what they need and how to reach them
- A set of effective and meaningful key messages, themes and ideas to underpin all your marketing
- An overview of online/offline marketing channels and a plan for which ones will be most effective for your business
- A model for relationship-building for your business
- A way to monitor, measure and adjust your marketing activity over time
The next step after this class…
- Book a 1-1 slot with a member of our faculty to work on any aspect of your marketing and communications in detail
- Come along to one of our other classes covering all the essential building blocks you need to grow your business
Tutor: Holly Dawson - See Holly's full profile on our Faculty page.
Ticket price includes a seasonal social lunch and all your refreshments throughout the day.